- Address: Mikołowska 5, 43-100 Tychy
The most famous and one of the oldest Polish breweries. The first note about it dates back to 1613. At first, the beverage produced there was served in inns and the Castle in Pszczyna. In 1861, it was taken over from the Promnitz family by John Henry XI Hochberg. Then its golden age started – a modern plant was constructed, with saltworks, an ice house, a drying room, a malthouse, a mill and a cooling house. For four hundred years of its existence, the Brewery witnessed many inventions and improvements, which changed the world. In 1890, electricity and a 40 KM steam machine were installed there and a sewage treatment plant was built. In 1893 there appeared a railway line Brewery-Railway Station, and the Warsaw-Vienna line opened the way to new markets, the number of which has been increasing until present. Apart from production lines for the cult beverage – Tyskie beer, you will find there the brewing museum – the Tyskie Browarium.