Design: Zbigniew Weber, 1957 Design: Tadeusz Szczęsny. The first church built in "Nowe Tychy".
Construction began in 1957, and the church was consecrated on December 21, 1958. The works were carried out in great haste so that the communist authorities would not stop the construction and order the demolition of the unfinished building. In the initial period, Tyskie Przedsiębiorstwo Budownictwa Miejskiego (Municipal Construction Company) assisted in the construction by making its heavy equipment available free of charge. The investment was led by Fr. Jan Kapołka (suffering many harassments), who became the first parish priest.
The church stood in the field for 14 years, with well-worn paths, covered with gravel. It was not until 1973 that the construction of the H.
From the very beginning, the church attracted attention with its austere, simple body with oblique lines. The vertical wall behind the altar was clearly visible against the background of the enormous glazing behind the chancel, filled with colorful panes. Above the altar, Zbigniew Weber (the architect also had an artistic education) painted a huge figure of the suffering Crucified, directly on whitewashed bricks. The painting by Z. Weber was supposed to be a temporary solution, but it turned out to be a masterpiece. His severity and expression moved the faithful; to this day, it invariably makes a deep impression.
The first Way of the Cross for the Church - simple, graphic in expression - was painted by Franciszek Wyleżuch. She has not survived. The Way of the Cross, which is currently located in the church, is the work of the artist from Tychy, Regina Lipecka, according to her design, stained glass windows were also made in the front wall with the baptism scene in Jordan.
In 1981, a bell tower was erected next to the church, and in the years 1982–1983 the church was expanded according to the design of Zbigniew Weber.