Urban development of the estate: Kazimierz Wejchert and Hanna Adamczewska (later Adamczewska-Wejchert). Architecture projects: team of Warsaw architects, 1952
In 1951, when the construction of housing estate A was already underway, a competition for the general plan of the city was announced. Kazimierz Wejchert and Hanna Adamczewska with their team won the competition. Osiedle B was the first estate implemented according to the urban design of the winning team.
The construction of the estate began in 1953. The houses were built using the traditional method of brick. Typical sections of buildings, compiled in various variants, were used in the design.
According to the concept of general designers Kazimierz Wejchert and Hanna Adamczewska, the B estate was to be a link between the new city and the old complex of Tychy. Many old buildings have been left between the new buildings. Hanna and Kazimierz Wejchert called the estate "romantic" - the streets were led here with free lines, adapted to the topography, and a perspective of the old church tower was opened from several places. The buildings are predominantly three-story buildings. The architecture deliberately refers to the traditional buildings of Polish towns: sloping roofs covered with tiles, dormers, corner arcades, breaks, bay windows, divisions of the facade with cornices. There is a lot of small architecture: stairs on the slopes of the ground, descending towards the stream, stone retaining walls.
On the square at the intersection of Budowlane and S. Bieruta Streets (formerly B. Bieruta) in 1957, an outdoor sculpture was erected called Boys with Goose by Augustyn Dyrda and Tadeusz Głod, reminding about the former rural character of this area. The basin in the middle of the composition was designed as a fountain pool, so the creators also placed a frog on its edge. In 2009-2011 the sculpture was restored by Augustyn Dyrda.