Rynek
43-100 Tychy

It is the heart of the oldest part of the City – the so-called Old Tychy. Formerly, there was a lake, with the St Mary Magdalene Church - one of the oldest monuments in Tychy – reflecting in its surface. In the course of time, the lake was drained, since swollen waters from the nearby stream flooded shops and apartments. A marketplace was established there – a place for trading constituting the centre of the life in the village. ‘Halka’ cinema and Bank Spółdzielczy, founded in 1900, were built next to the market square. The place is also very close to the Prince’s Brewery and the pre-war seat of the post office. Today, you can hear the sound of water again, since a fountain with three brass otters, opened in 2007, constitutes a keepsake of the pools. 6-, 4- and 3-metre high water streams are lit with colourful floodlights at night.

Nasza witryna wykorzystuje pliki cookies, m.in. w celach statystycznych. Jeżeli nie chcesz, by były one zapisywane na Twoim dysku zmień ustawienia swojej przeglądarki. Dowiedz się w jaki sposób przetwarzamy Twoje dane osobowe w Urzędzie Miasta Tychy oraz jakie masz związane z tym prawa. WEJDŹ » ×